ENTSO-E PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
– External Events –
Last modified: 15 July 2021
Privacy – Key Facts
ENTSO-E protects your personal data and your privacy in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any applicable implementation rules on the protection of privacy in relation with the processing of personal data. Your personal data shall be processed by ENTSO-E (International Non-Profit Association created under Belgian law, having its registered office at 1000 Brussels, rue de Spa, 8 – Belgium), acting as a data controller.
When you register to an ENTSO-E external event, you are asked to provide ENTSO-E with personal data. During the participation to the ENTSO-E external event, you may be invited to provide additional personal data.
This data protection policy explains the reason for the processing of your personal data, the way we collect, handle and ensure protection of all personal data provided, how your personal data are used and which rights you have in relation to your personal data. It also specifies the contact details that you can use to exercise your rights.
Privacy – Further Information
- In the context of this data protection policy, ENTSO-E collects the following categories of personal data relating to the participants:
- First name and last name;
- email address;
- position and industry;
- contact details (phone…);
- as the case may be photos, audio recordings and videos taken during the event.
- Your personal data are collected and processed for and to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes:
- To ensure practical organization of the event including payment and, as the case may be, in order to provide event participants access to a specific event mobile app or tool;
- To create and publish a database with the participants delegate profiles which access is restricted to ENTSO-E and ENTSO-E Members, possible co-organizer(s), participants, conference speakers, possible sponsors;
- To provide you with specific documents, materials, data and information (including practical information, slides and related documentation and follow-up information) regarding the particular event, conference or workshop at hand,;
- To give you a possibility to follow current developments of ENTSO-E activities, in connection with the organization of conferences, workshops or events;
- to reproduce, store stream or communicate audio recordings, photos, videos, images and publish photos, audio recordings or videos where you may appear to report on activities (where not necessary for the governance of the Association), and to promote activities organized by ENTSO-E on the ENTSO-E website and extranet, social medias, newsletters or in other ENTSO-E publications;
- to reproduce,store, stream or communicate audio recordings, photos, videos, images and publish photos, audio recordings or videos where you may appear, where necessary for the management and/or the governance of the Association (e.g. to organise Association meetings, to communicate about decisions made within the Association, about meetings, to organize/perform trainings, events or meetings, for official publications) and to keep records thereof.
- The collection and processing of your personal data is based:
- on the performance by ENTSO-E of the contractual relationship with participants and all the tasks necessary to ensure the organization, promotion and follow-up of the event to which participant registered, except for purpose e);
- on your consent (purpose e)). If you no longer wish ENTSO-E to further process your personal data for this purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by informing ENTSO-E of your objection, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- on the legitimate interest of ENTSO-E to manage the Association activities in accordance with the legal mandates of ENTSO-E (purpose f)).
- Your personal data shall not be transmitted to any third party other than, as the case may be:
- ENTSO-E service providers in charge of the hosting and/or maintenance of the ENTSO-E web site;
- ENTSO-E service providers in charge of the services in relation with the organization of the event (catering, meeting venue, event promotion…);
- ENTSO-E Members, ENTSO-E staff (and eventual co-organizer Members or staff), event participants, conference speakers, and sponsors within the limits of usual business practices for the organization of public events.
Some of the above-listed recipients being established outside of the European Union territory, ENTSO-E implements the additional measures as mentioned in paragraph (5) below, where appropriate.
- The personal data, which you transmit to ENTSO-E, are stored in a database managed by and under responsibility of ENTSO-E. Your data are stored exclusively on servers located within European Union. However, your personal data may be transferred outside the European Union, in countries the European Commission deems not to ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data. In this case, ENTSO-E will take appropriate safeguards with standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission. These can be consulted at the headquarters of ENTSO-E.
- Your personal data shall be stored/processed:
- for a term of 3 years as from the date of the event to which you registered;
- Upon request, dated and signed sent by email to ENTSO-E (firstname.lastname@example.org), and the proof of your identity, you may obtain the written communication of the data, the portability of the data and where appropriate, rectification, restriction of processing, deletion of those which are inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant. Your request must be dated, signed, contain the proof of your identity and sent by email to ENTSO-E. It will be treated as free of charge if it is a reasonable volume. The request is considered as dismissed, where no action has been taken within 30 days from the request. You may apply to or lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (Rue de la presse 35, 1000 Brussels –email@example.com – Tel. + 32 2 274 48 00– Fax + 32 2 274 48 35) for the exercise of these rights.